The Department of Statistics was established in 1962. This is a single faculty department offering the subject at the first year Bachelor of science course, in combination with Physics and Mathematics and with Botany and Zoology.
Department of Statistics
ABOUT DEPARTMENT :-
OUR VISION & MISSION :-
- To create an atmosphere that is conducive to the students’s overall development.
- To inculcate statistical approach in students.
Dr. Shilpa N. Khare
UG - 5 years, PG - 11 years
DEPARTMENT ACTIVITIES : -
Please click on the links below to access the year-wise details.
|F.Y.B.Sc.||Paper I||Descriptive Statistics|
|Paper II||Statistical Methods|
|Practicals||Based on Paper I & II|
RESEARCH ACTIVITIES: -
1) Title – “ARIMA modeling for stock market data”
Research Dimensions (Volume V(2) 59-62 (2015) ISSN 0976-8564
2) Title – “Yield simulation with special emphesis on Non parametric Regression”
Proceedings of National Conference on Recent Trends in Mathematics & Statistics – September 2015 (144-154)
Papers presented –
1) Title – “Yield simulation with special emphesis on Non parametric Regression”
at National Conference on Recent Trends in Mathematics & Statistics held at M. D. College in September 2015
2) Title – “Improved estimators of Bivariate Distribution with Gamma & Beta marginals”
at International Conference on Recent Advances in Statistics held at Dept of Statistics, University of Mumbai in June 2016